Thursday 30 August 2012

Long-lost love

Hugs to all! It's been a tough week recovering from all the holidays blues I know! Hahhaha. I, for one, find it difficult to return to my active (workaholic) self! *drops head* *facepalm* But as Terminator says, I will be back!!!

I have wanted to write about this for long time now, I had a painting session with Stacey! Stacey likes to paint and she wanted to try oil painting. She bought all these paints from an overseas trip and never used them before! Then I told her I used to do some oil painting during my school days and both of us thought that we should arrange a painting session together one day. Heheh. I am glad we made it!


See all the paints? NEW and niceeee... 
The sight of these paints makes me happy! And brings back memories too!

Stacey got a book on oil painting from me, for her birthday and we decided to use one of the tutorials in that book as a guide for our first painting session of more to come. Hahah. And, we found out that the colours described in the book are exactly the colours we have. Are all oil paint colour names universal?? I mean, the names are not just as simple as white, yellow, blue. Instead, they are very specific; titanium white, yellow ochre, cerulean blue, etc. So can someone answer me? Hehhee.


Then when I wanted to dry my first layer of paint, I came across this beautiful sight.
The flowers cast such a pretty shadow on my painting.
Then, from an artist, I became a photographer for a while. Hahhahaha.


The unfinished business. Hahhaa.
Stacey finished hers! I am a slow coach... :(

Only after this painting session did I realise how much I miss painting! Or rather, how much I miss doing artsy stuffs like this. And the joy of just having some quiet time to myself, immersed in a long-forgotten hobby - BLISS.

In the spirit of painting, here's a picture of a man doing refurbishment work to a temple in Penang. The hot afternoon sun did not stop him from his work. This is commitment - finish what you started! No sun can make you stop LOL.


I am in the mood for crafts now! Need to finish my painting and will show you all the final result ok! Hahhaa. I just need to find time - excuses. hahaha. 

Next, scrapbooking maybe? *wink wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment