Wednesday 20 June 2012

How to "open" a cheque

Today I will teach you how to "open" a cheque. Haha. Actually, it's how to transform a cheque into cash. This manual is useful so that the next time any bank teller tells you to "open" a cheque, you can act like a pro and not like a jakun like me today! In my mind, I am not even sure whether "open" is the correct term but she used it so I'll just stick with it till someone comes around and tell me the right term ok. *Help!*

The story goes like this: I needed to do a transfer today and I asked the bank to deduct from my account directly then the lady said cannot, I have to do it from my account home branch. But then that's in Penang so it makes no sense to travel back to Penang just to do a transfer. I pressed for alternatives then she said "oh okay, actually if you have cheque, you can "open" the cheque to make it cash." Luckily I brought my cheque book along. *smart* hahaha.

So here's how:

1) Write "CASH" beside "PAY".
2) Write the amount you want beside "RINGGIT MALAYSIA"
3) Then sign at three places on the cheque, as indicated with the pink circles.




Tah dah! Three simple steps and your cheque becomes cash.
Act like a pro the next time someone tells you this! If not, it means I have failed. Hahhaha.
(Maybe you already know this so I'm left as the only jakun who thinks that other people are also jakun. Hahahhaha.)

2 comments:

  1. issue a cheque maybe? haha this one i know coz i actually have a cheque book since few years back :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahhaa, I really didn't know we can convert cheque to cash. Lol. Anyway, good to see you here!! hehhe.

    ReplyDelete