Sunday 8 July 2012

Say a silent prayer for Mun Mun

Boys and girls, I need your help to say a silent prayer for my friend, Mun Mun, now and everyday.

Mun Mun was involved in a horrifying accident in mainland Penang on Tuesday night. As I am writing this, it is Saturday, and she has gone through one brain surgery to remove a blood clot but is still unconscious from her accident. Those of you who read Chinese, you can read about the accident here. To those who don't understand Chinese, you can still see from the picture of her wrecked car to know that it is indeed a horrifying accident. From what I gather, a van knocked her car from behind, then her car swerved and landed on the opposite lane, and then came a truck, and the impact caused her car to overturn. (Shit why was the van driver so careless!!!!) Then she was rushed to the ICU by an ambulance.

We visited her on Wednesday evening in the ICU ward of Seberang Jaya hospital. Now she is already being transferred to Loh Guan Lye hospital. The group of us comprised of Mr Choe, Kar Hoong, Chee Wai, Wang Shien, Szu Hua, Lih Sing and Chee Yon. Arriving earlier than the rest, Mr Choe and I had the chance to see her before the ward was crowded with her friends and Wayne's friends and the nurse had to chase some of us out. I remember I didn't really know what to say to her, she was lying there, motionless, and I only managed to whisper to her "Mun Mun, jia you" which means something like, "keep holding on, you are doing great, keep going" in English. Through my chokes and a little tears, (I tried to hold back my tears), I ended up introducing Mr Choe to her. wtf. Honestly, I was still in shock, upset and did not know what to really say. So I told her Mr Choe is actually very tall and she has to open her eyes to see. Yeah.. Well..

I hope we can all pray her for recovery. We must all have faith. Doctors have successfully removed a blood clot in her brain but according to Wayne, she still has six other clots in her brain. However, today she was able to move her a little so that's a good sign! Good news, keep them coming!

Maybe at this point I should tell you about Wayne and Mun Mun. Wayne's my ex-colleague while Mun Mun is a famous online boutique owner-cum-model of iPerfect fashion. Wayne is a photographer with Mocco and a great friend. I can almost hear him saying "jom, cafe" every time I am bored or down with work. And we are such a great team in coming up with creative nicknames for our friend Chee Wai. Lol. (I probably should write a blog post about that next time!)

I did make purchases from Mun Mun's iPerfect fashion boutique and here are some memorable ones.


Bridesmaid dresses for Angie's Oriental themed wedding.


Who says warm clothing have to be monocolour and boring?


Herve Ledger style dress for an award night.

Sometimes you don't know how a person touches your life till you look back. In this case, Mun Mun touched our lives by helping us with the bridesmaid dresses for Angie's biggest day. I remember I was sourcing high and low when Angie told me she wanted an Oriental themed wedding and that all bridesmaids should wear the same dress. Then I came across that dress that is modern yet oriental at iPerfect. Mun Mun helped me to secure 7 pieces altogether and we had a great time looking all oriental yet cute at the same time. And the dress received great reviews yo!

Mun Mun is a lovely young lady and I hope you REALLY REALLY REALLY help say a prayer for her. Just say it in your heart it will probably just take 30 seconds. And no matter what religion you are, all prayers help! We need to bring Mun Mun back to recovery.

Mun Mun, I hope you know it in your heart that many people are praying for your recovery. Take your time to recover and recuperate for now and when you are well, we will all be there to celebrate with you and Wayne. Keep it up, you are doing great!

No comments:

Post a Comment