Wednesday 5 September 2012

The party that didn't require me to drive

Have you been to a house party where the hosts wear ties, where there is an LCD monitor just dedicated to display the Malaysian flag and where every guest is entitled to a free tour of the house? Hahaha. I bet you will say NO, so it's one win for me!

Amir just moved into a condo, which turns out to be just next to my place, along with 4 other friends and they decided to throw a party! But it wasn't till I asked him about the theme of the party that he told me it is formal. Really?? A formal house party? "Yeah I am wearing a tie now". Oh okayyyy... What type of host doesn't tell you the theme of the party beforehand? The type like Amir. Hahahahaha.

Nevermind, this was compensated by the fact that he greeted me at the lobby and showed me the way to his new pad, though there were signboards for guests to follow. Haha.


5.5 meters more!


I am here~!



One silly pose at the entrance.


Guests sign in by taking a pic on this Mac.
Oh did I mention, this house is full of Mac laptops! LIKE!
There, told you about the LCD monitor dedicated to display the Malaysian flag right?


Look at this picture properly - one sign saying FOOD WE ARE GIVING YOU, 
another says FOOD WE WISH WE WERE GIVING YOU.
I should have written a note there, FOOD I WISH YOU ARE SERVING ME. Haha.

This party had the hosts playing characters. And they really carried their characters very well.


Here I am with the Manager, Khairul.
He said to me, "I am always here to help if you have any complaints or suggestions"
Professionalism at its best wtf hahaha.
But, do you guys notice something here? We both could fit onto one Ikea chair omg!


Amir says he is the Behind-the-scene Manager.
But, behind-the-scene no need to wear tie right? Hahah.


Pictured with eyes closed is our Tour Guide, Javier.
He did not miss out a single book shelf! Lol.


He is also Performer of the night.
Gaddafi (behind the Performer) is the Professional Masseur, he was giving massages FOC.
Aiyah, too bad you missed the party, the food and the free massage.
Ok wait I just made that up.



Then, the Manager turned into a Magician!
I will not spill the beans by telling you his magic tricks.
Next time buy a ticket to watch him ok!

Then, there's a Waiter that I didn't manage to take pictures with and many many others, some from Groupon, JomSosial, Says.my. I keep hearing "Groupon" so I assume most of them are from Groupon. Haha. At one point, we didn't have place to sit and that's how awesome this party was. Hhehehe.


Halfway through, Amir discovered this sesat curtain railing.


And I discovered this memorial for Andy, who was an intern at Groupon, if I heard it right.
So where in the world is Carmen Sandiego Andy? Mysterious huh? Hahhaa.

Thanks Amir for inviting me to this cute and cool party! I know cute and cool shouldn't exist in the same sentence. Hahhaha. It was a great way to end the month of August and I can see that they put a lot of effort in drawing signs. Ahahhaha.


Since the current trend is OOTD, I also don't want to miss out la. Hahaha.
Polka dots spaghetti top - Forever 21.
Skirt - Cotton On.
Bag - Longchamp (eh do I need to mention this or not? I think everybody knows la..)
Red ballerina flats - Aldo.

Ok as you can see, I am not used to telling people what I wear. Hahhaha. Maybe I need more practice. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment