Monday 27 August 2012

Raya week - work and food

Hey peeps what did you do during the recent Raya holiday? I hope you had enough rendang!! LOL.
Been quite occupied for the entire week hence a late post this week. :(

Well, a shopping trip at Ikea and a night out with friends at La Risata kick started my Raya holidays!


Saturday night out!

Actually it wasn't a week of real holidays for me as I had work to do in Penang. We were giving training to our new associates, something like a crash course, and I am happy that they took the lessons very well! Phew! I am learning to be a trainer as well. :)


New discovery - Dua Bui laksa at Jelutong.
Laksa for tea after two days of training!

Besides working, I of course had some family time. Pictured here is Mum and latest addition to the family, baby Mag!


Three-month-old cuteness!

Then, managed to spend time with some friends too! But did not get to meet everyone I wanted because I did not have enough time! I definitely need to arrange a trip back to Penang again, some time soon. :)


Chee Wai + iPad = iWai
iWai is now Wayne's assistant, hence another nickname - Huasisstant.
And also, spokesperson for Mun Mun. Please contact him if you want to know how Mun Mun is doing. Haha.


Jessica and her new specs! Looks like a lady boss! But she is indeed a lady boss!


While waiting for Jessica, nah, my bored face. Hahahha.
Oh, if you see the plaster on my left arm, that is from the third HPV vaccination injection.
Remember to take the jab to prevent cervical cancer ok!
The one I took was Gardasil, cost me RM540, because injection service is given free! Muahaha.
Tip: get a friend who works as a doctor in GH, and ask him/her to arrange free injection for you ok!


Dinner at Maa Roy!
Sigh, my friends were being anti-social to me, social to their Whats App friend who were being anti-social to whoever they were with because they were being social to their Whats App friend who were being anti-social to me! (What a mouthful, but you get it right right right? :P)
Tomyam was super good, appetizer (cucumber + sambal) was super duper good that we ordered second helping. Two cucumbers were sacrificed just for us. Hahahhaha.

Just a short three days at home / Penang, then it's time to head back to KL. Time flies when you are having fun!! On the way to KL, we had some fun in Ipoh too.


Had famous white coffee at the original OLDTOWN White Coffee, aka Nam Heong.
This coffee shop is opposite Sun Yin Loong.
*thumbs up*


Came across this shop selling all things shark - baby shark, big shark, shark tail, shark bone and lastly, shark king's crown wtf. Hahaha.
Hmm, not a common sight. Lol.


Then, introducing Funny Mountain soya bean.
It is a drive-thru yo!


See the person taking orders?
So very convenient, just sit in your car and wait to be served!


Finally, our order!


My favourite here - soya bean + leong fun.


Craving for some swiss rolls? Head to JJ Cakes & Swissrolls in Ipoh now!


Presenting, hundreds of a huge variety of flavours!


Ok these swiss rolls are trying to tell you that they are made very fresh. Haha.

Can you believe Nam Heong + Funny Mountain + JJ Swiss Rolls happen in less than two hours? No wonder I feel myself gaining weight!


Apparently, the eating spree continued till KL.
Strawberry and peach pavlova, The Apartment.
This is my first time trying pavlova and I liked it!

Now, BACK to WORK!!!!!

p/s: Planning a trip to Taiwan/Taipei therefore I really need suggestions - places to go, sights to see, food to eat (of course!). Hehhehee. Hope to hear from you peeps ok! And if anyone who is in Taiwan wants to host us, I will be very very glad...! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment