Tuesday 12 March 2013

Damansara Village @ Ipoh

Hey y'all! I know, technically speaking, I am supposed to blog about the Nuffnang 6th birthday bash first.. Haha. But I'm still waiting for some pics taken by Desrrey and Sean on their camera (some of my iPhone pics suck) so I'll skip that and blog about that later.

Mr Choe and I got invited to Damansara Village for a - erm how shall I call it? - media engagement party? makan makan with Ah Beng and Patrick? - function. I initially didn't know what event it was except that we were invited by Henry and TV personality "Ah Beng" and famous radio personality Patrick Teoh will be there. And I initially thought the event was going to be in Damansara (as the restaurant name suggests) and didn't know about Damansara Village @ Ipoh till I googled it. Then I came across this post on Damansara Village blogspot, where bloggers were being invited to a dinner at Damansara Village @ Ipoh on the same night. Now, we're not invited as a blogger but as personal friends but that shouldn't stop me from blogging about it. ;)

IMG_5446
See, they are in Imbi, Petaling Jaya and Ipoh.
Oh, for those who are still new to this branch in Ipoh, they are located just beside the Lost World Theme Park at Tambun. :)

IMG_5447
IMG_5448
When I got there, I quickly took a few shots of the place and its surroundings before it's too dark.
There was still a lil' amount of sunlight when we arrived at 7.30pm.
And what they said in their blog is true - if you dine here, you'll be dining amidst 200-million-year forests.

Then, dinner is served.

IMG_5449
The best thing about of Damansara Village is in its soup.
We could really feel the herbs in the soup and we could feel the nutrients going into our body, rejuvenating our cells. hahahaha. (so "kua cheong")
But seriously I think the soup's really good. It's not just the normal clear soup you get from a lot of steamboat places.

IMG_5453
The service was also good. See, not only did they help us place raw food into the pot to cook, the waiters even made it a point to get the cooked fish out of the pot and place them onto individual plates for each of us, served complete with soy sauce and seasonings. *thumbs up for the good service*

Another thing that I really liked are the prawns but I ate them too soon that they didn't make it into my pics. haha. Therefore, for that, you'll have to make your way to Damansara Village. Haha.

IMG_5475
We need to thank Henry (bottom right) for inviting us and introducing us to good steamboat!
"Ah Beng" Lum Tak Weng (I don't really know how to spell his Chinese name) was also there to welcome all the patrons that night.

IMG_5474
IMG_5469
Then we had a really good chat with Yen, Jason and Patrick.
They are all real friendly people and we found out that Patrick is living in a place I am currently surveying! ahah. Gotta pay him a visit soon!

The fresh, sweet, juicy prawns are waiting for you at Damansara Village! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment