Sunday 17 June 2012

Why I decided to revive my blog

I have not been blogging for YEARS. Recently I had the thought the of reviving my blog at Wordpress but I found out I have forgotten my password to my Wordpress blog. That's how long I have not blogged. There are reasons I feel like blogging again, though I am nervous and worried that this new blog will again be abandoned by its owner. ;( So people, please motivate me to keep blogging ok? heheh. 

I know Kareen will motivate and encourage me because when I told her about my intention to blog again, she was like 'Go REGISTER now!!" Then I was like, "really? now??". Then she even opened blogger and tested the availability of magicporridgepot.com. Sadly, someone has already taken that name. Then we were brainstorming the name I should use for my blog but I really wanted to stick to Magic Porridge Pot. Hahaha.  

So I came up with a few names:
themagicporridgepot - taken.
demagicporridgepot - Kareen said the "de" in front of magicporridgepot is damn distracting.
Then, I thought I was smart, to add a "t" behind the name which makes it,
magicporridgepott - I thought it was cool. But then Kareen said, No WAY, people will make fun of this name, because people can conveniently add a "y" at the end and it will become
magicporridgepottY. hahahhahahaha. I couldn't stop laughing and I know I had to write this down.

After much thinking, we figured I would just add hyphens to make this blog
magic-porridge-pot.blogspot.com.

That is how magic-porridge-pot.blogspot.com was born!!!

Back to the reasons why I feel like blogging again:
1) I want to remember the memories. I know I am getting old ahhaha. In a few years, I will be 30, then 40, then ... I only get to be 20-sth once in my life. And I really think I should record down the events and experiences in my life, if not one day when I look back, I may be thinking to myself, what was I like when I was 20-sth????
2) I want to keep in touch with my friends. Often, I get WhatsApp messages, or Facebook messages, or SMSes asking me "What's up", "How's it going", "What are you up to these days", "How's life", etc... Normally I would just go "i am doing good", "i am doing fine", "life's treating me well" - these answers are so boring, they say nothing! So, instead of me answering lame one-liners like this, next time I can tell people to read my blog! Hehehee.
3) I have a talent hobby in photography and I want to showcase them somewhere. Lol. See I use the word showcase. Hahhaa. Actually nothing much to showcase la, just wanna share with friends only. Facebook lowers the resolution and hence the quality of the pictures I post. It makes my pics look not nice. Ok la, actually it's because my camera is not the super keng type, that's why the pictures also not that high quality. But I still blame Facebook partially. LOL. I also do make Photobooks but only people who come to my place can see them. So I thought why not I post them in my blog. Hehe.
4) I feel like writing again. Is that cliche? lol. Everyone thinks they are a writer haha. I don't claim to write very very well but at least, writing gives me some kind of escapism which I kinda miss. And sometimes when I'm alone at home, all I want to do is to write something instead of surfing Facebook. Heheh.

So there you go - the reasons I feel like blogging again. If in any case I feel unmotivated again, please show this post to my face! haha.

Oh, here I also want to promote Kareen's blog - http://kareeneats.blogspot.com/ . She is always our food advisor. We only need to tell her what we feel like eating and she will bring us to wherever. ;) Hope that you find her food reviews helpful!!

6 comments:

  1. haha, kareen is so cute la!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^_^ wheeeee!thanks for the compliment.feel so paused now.haha.huinee,thanks for linking me too :D u both updates pressured me to revive my blog again too..loolllll :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aiya,stupid autocorrect.wanted to type paiseh instead of paused

      Delete
  3. Mine died too! hahaha... work killed it >.<

    ReplyDelete