Monday 21 January 2013

Taiwan: Taroko National Park to Chingjing

This is another picture-full post. Hehe. I really enjoyed taking pictures in Taiwan, there are just so many beautiful things to capture. And this, has to be one of the best places in Taiwan. This is the most scenic route we took; from Taroko National Park all the way to Chingjing, stopping by the peak of the mountain range, Hehuanshan. When we were there, Hehuanshan recorded a temperature of -2C. Luckily, when we reached Chingjing, where the sheep are (as you will see), the weather became very kind to us. It was about 13C, with bright blue sky. Again, I can never tell you enough, how much I love a BLUEEE sky.

This is going to be a chronological post. You will see how the scenery changes from Taroko National Park, all the way to Chingjing. It's really mind-blowing. First, we saw amazing rock/mountain formations at Taroko, then we encountered think fog at the Divine Tree Boulevard, then a SPECTACULAR display of an endless blanket of clouds below us. In Mandarin, it's called "yun hai", 云海. This is what I learned from the tour guide. Hehe. It's truly amazing, truly breath-taking, that at that moment, I thought I made it to heaven, where the angels live. Our tour guide mentioned that we were so lucky to see the sea of clouds - it does not happen everyday. I guess Mother Nature worked its magic specially for us, or maybe it was my birthday gift from the Gods above. ;))

At Chingjing, we had so much fun chasing the sheep, feeding the sheep and watching the sunset at Green Green Grassland,  and then strolling in a little park called Little Swiss Garden. We were at Chingjing from Christmas eve till Christmas. So happy I got to experience Christmas high up in the mountains, with sheep as my company. Hahaha.

I believe this is a must-go destination, and this route is a must-take route, should you visit Taiwan. I hope my pictures will do the place justice. ;))

Taroko
Taroko
DSC_0171_2
DSC_0982_2
DSC_0045_2
DSC_0069_2
DSC_0157_2
DSC_0230_2
DSC_0267_2
Chingjing
DSC_0356_2
DSC_0359_2
Chingjing
Chingjing
DSC_0556_2
DSC_0522_2
DSC_0565_2
DSC_0568_2
Chingjing
Chingjing
Chingjing
Chingjing
Chingjing
DSC_0186_2
Chingjing
Chingjing
Chingjing
Chingjing
Chingjing
Chingjing
Chingjing
Chingjing
Chingjing

Told ya, this route is definitely worth it! Charter a vehicle, and go up the mountains!

1 comment:

  1. very very pretty pics!!! love all of them. keep 'em comin'!! :D

    ReplyDelete