Tuesday 11 December 2012

The best caramel custard ... so far

Behold, this is a mouth watering post! If you love caramel custards like me, that is.
But I have never come across a person who outrightly says caramel custard sucks, yet. So I guess this post is for everyone then. Haha.

You are about to discover, the smoothest, softest and most delicious caramel custard in Ipoh!

"Ok I can't wait to hear about it. Where is this place?"

IMG_4454
IMG_4449
Tadaahh! It's a new food place that I tried - Lim Kopi.
Along Jalan Sultan Iskandar, Ipoh.

IMG_4462
IMG_4460
Walking in, you immediately feel like this place is classic.
What with all the hand-painted tiles, wooden interiors and huge mirrors.

More on the interior later, back to the best caramel custard.
I know you're waiting. haha.

IMG_4456
First, it came like this.
This looks very unassuming and I was thinking for a second, "where is the caramel?"

IMG_4457
And then when I dipped my spoon in, the caramel came oozing out! Clever!
This made me feel, "hmm this must be special."
And yes it was! It was heaven in my mouth, my very first bite on.
It was so smooth, so soft and just melts in your mouth. Like, ahhhh~~

IMG_4459
There you have it! The best caramel custard, revealed.
Highly recommended, please go try it. hahaha.

IMG_4447
Actually I ate this before the caramel custard but then the caramel custard was super nice so this was overshadowed. But this was nice as well. For main meal, go for this dry curry noodle, for dessert definitely caramel custard!
It's fun how they gave two pieces of biscuits accompanying our Milo and coffee - so old school.

Speaking of old school, here is where I need to show you their old school and classic interiors.

IMG_4443
They have two similar courtyards like this.
Best enjoyed on a lazy Sunday morning. Hehe.

IMG_4463
I couldn't contain my excitement when I saw this vintage fan, so much that I almost knocked into someone who appeared to be enjoying his morning coffee before he was interrupted. Haha.
Sighh, I took so much trouble to take a picture of a fan. LOL.

IMG_4445
And this windows are awesome - need I say more?

Awesome interiors, relaxing ambience, great food - what more can I ask for a simple breakfast trip? :D

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! Thank you for positive reviews about our humble kopitiam! Is it okay if we feature this entry in our facebook page? Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes certainly! Feel free to feature it. The world needs to know the best caramel custard in Ipoh right now. :)

    ReplyDelete